May 31, 2019
There are different causes of acne. It can be caused by raging hormones, stress, skincare products that are unfit for your skin type, makeup, unhealthy skincare habits (or a lack thereof), and more. Here are some acne and scar removal treatment options.
There are different cases as there are different patients. But of all these differences, we think we can all agree on one thing: getting acne is a curse. It can lower our self-esteem and even cause anxiety.
We’ve met people who don’t even want to go outside anymore and socialize because of acne. But you know what’s worse than getting acne?
Yep, for those of you who are still struggling with acne, we feel you. Unfortunately, it can get worse. Just when you have found a solution that can get rid of your acne problem forever, and just when your face is about to clear out. It doesn’t. You uncover an even deeper problem—one that’s even harder to correct.
Different Types of Acne Scars
Acne scars are marks left by acne in its wake, and there are different types:
- Macules. These are the flat red marks that are left behind by a freshly healed acne. They usually fade away after a while. There are macules that can be quite stubborn, though, and can hang around for several weeks!
- Skin Discoloration. Sometimes the healing process stimulates the skin to produce more pigments. This is called hyperpigmentation and will leave dark marks where your acne was. It’s different form the reddish macules and are even more stubborn to remove.
- Keloids. Also known as tissue scars due to the excessive growth of tissue, these are scars that can be easy to spot due to their raised appearance. This is due to the overproduction of collagen by our skin during its healing process.
- Ice-Pick Scars. Finally, if there’s an excessive growth of tissue, there’s a loss of tissue as well. That’s what causes ice-pick scars which, as the name suggests, are indentations that look as if pieces of your skin were removed using an ice-pick.
Keloids and ice-pick scars can, unfortunately, leave a permanent mark on your skin. But don’t lose hope! There are different treatment options that you can take in order to get rid of them. And we are going to share them all with you down below.
Different Types of Treatment Options
Here they are:
- Dermabrasion. This is a type of skincare treatment that uses a high-speed handheld tool to allow the healthier skin underneath to surface. By doing so, you will also be able to shed off the scarred upper layer of your skin.
- Microdermabrasion. This is a level up of your dermabrasion treatment, and this time it uses a handheld tool that contains small crystals in order to resurface your skin.
- Laser. Instead of using a handheld tool, this treatment uses specially designed lasers for skincare treatment. There are different kinds of lasers, but in a nutshell, the laser will remove the outer layer of your skin and stimulate it to heal itself to get that smooth skin all of us simply aspire for.
There are other acne scar removal treatments aside from the ones we have mentioned above such as chemical peels and fillers. Just feel free to visit your nearest skincare clinic in order to learn more about them.