JEUVEAU IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Jeuveau is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time (temporary) to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). This treatment is an injectable treatment that works to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines in adults.
Jeuveau is FDA-approved and made with the same active ingredient as Botox, Jeuveau can restore your more youthful facial appearance by treating overactive muscles that cause unwanted facial wrinkles and creases. Jeuveau is an injectable cosmetic “freezer” specifically designed for temporary improvement in moderate to severe glabellar lines (also known as frown lines or “11’s”) and is also effective in treating crow’s feet (outer eye wrinkles) and forehead lines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Both Jeuveau and BOTOX are created from a refined form of Botulinum toxin A. BOTOX has been the gold standard in treating facial lines and wrinkles for years. Jeuveau is being hailed as “Newtox.” While both BOTOX and Jeuveau are created from the same basic neurotoxin, Jeuveau has the benefit of using the newest technology and methods of creation that were not available when BOTOX entered the scene. Jeuveau is the first neuromodulator to be:
- Created using Evolus’ proprietary purification process
- Approved by the FDA solely for the treatment of facial lines and wrinkles
- Less expensive
- Works more quickly than BOTOX
Jeuveau prevents your nerves from telling your facial muscles to flex.1 The Results? In clinical trials, Jeuveau® was shown to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines.1 In 2 long-term safety studies, patients received an average of 3 treatments over the course of 1 year.
In our 2 major clinical trials, when we checked at the 30-day mark, 67.5% of patients in 1 study and 70.4% of subjects in a second study were responders defined as a 2-point composite improvement agreed upon by physician and patient.
If it’s your first time getting a treatment, you may be a little nervous. And that’s okay! Localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, erythema, and/or bleeding/bruising may be associated with the injection. For specific instructions on what to do before and after your injection, please follow the instructions as given to you by your doctor or healthcare provider.
The most commonly reported side effects in clinical trials include headache, eyelid drooping, upper respiratory tract infection and increased white blood cell count.1 No serious drug-related adverse events were observed in the studies.3-7
Jeuveau results typically last about three months. This duration varies based on the specific areas treated and each patient’s unique response to the treatment. Active, athletic, and/or more expressive individuals may find that neuromodulator results do not last quite as long, and these patients may require a higher dosage. To maximize Jeuveau results, Dr. Emer often performs complementary treatments such as patient-tailored peels, lasers, radiofrequency and ultrasound energy-based procedures, dermal fillers, and Sculptra injections.
Because our bodies are constantly creating new receptors and neurotransmitters, neurotoxins like Jeuveau require consistent maintenance to prevent and “freeze” our movement lines. Without regular treatments, the wrinkles will slowly return as the muscle regains function over time. Retreatment with Jeuveau every two to four months, as advised by Dr. Emer, will help you maintain your desired look.
• Do NOT use aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Gingko Giloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks if okay with your primary physician. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
• You may have some bruising and/or swelling after the procedure. Over the counter Arnica supplements (available at The Derm Institute, most supplement stores, Whole Foods, etc) have been shown to decrease bruising if you want to take them starting 3-5 days before your treatment.
• The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
• DO inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, and any other medical problems.
• After the treatment, DO hold ice packs on the areas that are treated with filler gently for a few times that day.
• Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
• DO NOT get a facial or massage for 1-2 weeks after your filler procedure.
• Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible.
• DO massage treated areas ONLY if instructed by your provider.
• If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements or apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
• Bruising can be covered with makeup. Examples: Dermablend (available at CVS or Macy’s) or Colorescience Corrector Palette. Schedule your next session as recommended by your physician. In about 1 week you should be looking your best! We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.