LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Setiba Medical Spa offers Laser Hair Removal treatment in Westlake Village, CA great for both men and women.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment is a type of cosmetic procedure performed by plastic surgeons and board-certified aesthetic specialists in order to permanently reduce the amount of hair growing in a certain area of the body with just minimal risk as compared to other procedures. Because of this, it has become exceedingly popular through the years as a way of removing unwanted hair in the chin, arms, and underarms, not only for women but for men as well. This procedure involves the use of specialized lasers that emit heat energy just enough to damage hair follicles in the problem area. Once these follicles get damaged, they will find it hard to produce hair in the future, and at times, they just stop producing hair altogether. Laser Hair Removal can target the biggest parts of the body down to the smallest and hardest parts to target – like between your eyebrows. Its precision is so good that it can even remove hairs from very small parts of your body without harming any of the surrounding areas. The Results are permanent. You don’t have to come back to the clinic for maintenance and follow-up procedures. On average, a person can permanently lose their unwanted hair with just four sessions of laser hair removal.
What to know before laser hair removal
How it works
- We use the Inmode DiolazeXL machine.
- The laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair and damages the hair follicles.
- If you wax, the root of the hair has to be in the follicle for the laser to identify it
- Shave 12 – 14 hours before treatment
- Clean shave is important because the laser can target the hairs above the skin and it runs the risk of burning
What to avoid pre treatment & post treatment
- Sun exposure
- Tanning – fake or sun Some tan removers: Isle of Paradise Over It Magic Self-Tan Eraser, Bali Body Self-Tan Remover
- If there is any tan on the skin, it attracts energy from the laser & makes it hard for the laser to distinguish between the skin & hair
- Avoid exercise and hot showers for at least 24 hours
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Laser hair removal is like any other procedure. It is important to keep in mind that, while complications are rare, they can still occur. The most common complications include blisters, swelling, pigmentation changes, redness and scarring. Scabbing and bruising can also occur, but these symptoms generally disappear within a few days. Infection at the treatment site can occur, albeit very rarely, so it is important to keep the area clean after the procedure. Remember that pain, tingling and numbness around the treated area are the most common temporary side effects, and they are completely normal.
Do not use retinol (3 days prior to appointment)
Do not use chemical peels (at least 2 weeks prior to appointment)
Do not do self tanners and no tanning (at least 3 weeks prior to appointment)
- For 24 to 48 hours afterwards, you should not use any saunas or steam rooms, take hot showers or baths, or go swimming.
- You should not apply any makeup to the area for 24 hours. The only exception is mineral makeup, which can be applied immediately.
- Do not apply any perfumed products to the area for 24 to 48 hours following treatment.
- Aloe Vera gel may be applied to the skin to soothe it.
- Clients generally should arrive at their laser hair removal appointment with the area to be treated shaved and trimmed for treatment. Facial hair, however, generally does not need to be clipped back or shaved prior to treatment.
- If you experience any blistering, you can open a vitamin E capsule and apply it liberally three times a day to aid healing. Do not burst the blister—this may leave a mark on the skin. Do not expose the affected area to sun, as you may increase the risk of pigmentation.
Laser Hair Removal Pre & Post Care Instructions
Before Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated within 24 hours of your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. Please try to avoid natural tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, AHA/BHA, acne medication or any irritating or drying products for 3 days prior to each treatment or as advised by Dr. Tareen.
- Please notify Tareen Dermatology of any changes in topical or oral prescription medications, as they may have an effect on the ability to safely or effectively provide treatment.
- You may bring makeup or concealer to re-apply on facial areas or to cover redness post-treatment.
After Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. You may use aloe gel or cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal and will subside with cleansing.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 3 days or until any redness and sensitivity subsides.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ Jacuzzi for up to 24 hours after treatment to minimize irritation and prolonged redness.
- If a crusting or blistering develops apply Vaseline or ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed and contact our office if the area shows signs of worsening condition.
- Continue to use broad-spectrum SPF 30, or higher, for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment:
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to the next few weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle, and is not new growth. Once the hair has fully shed you may be hair free for a few days, up to a few weeks leading up to your next treatment.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment to minimize discomfort. If they areas is not cleanly shaved, we may not be able to treat.
- Your session typically is scheduled in 4 weeks for facial areas, 6 to 8 weeks for other areas of the body.
Adhering to this scheduled is important to ensure success of the treatments.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or sugaring is to be avoided between sessions. Shaving or trimming of hair may be resumed normally during the duration of treatment.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.
THE Results SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before & after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
What A Few of Our Clients Say
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated. We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
Came here for a treatment I have received at a plethora of other places and the best way to describe Setiba is professional.
Setiba a Very clean and Professional Spa and staff were warm and professional. I was greeted promptly and barely any wait time.
Setiba’s facilities are very neat and clean, and the staff and managing owners are always very well-dressed and professional.
Visit us at our office for a mean cup of Coffee and a free consulting hour.
MONDAY > FRIDAY: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
SATURDAY: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
VIP Club Membership
Enjoy the VIP Member’s Club benefits by signing up for one of our monthly members-only club packages! You deserve to take care of yourself. It’s worth looking and feeling good every day!
LHR 1 Small Area (chin, sideburns, naval line, areolas, lip or toes)
Microdermabrasion + Peel
Lipo-C Shot (helps cleanse the liver & speed up metabolism)
LED Light Therapy
IPL Broken Capillaries
Choose up to two treatments per month (have to be diff. treatments, can’t double on botox)
LHR 1 Medium Area (bikini, buttocks, lower arm, neck, upper arm, chest, upper back, lower back or underarms)
Customized GM Collin or Casmara Facial
IPL (1 area)
Microneedling w Hyaluronic Acid
Plasma Pen Small Area (upper lip, 11 line, laugh line, lower or upper eyes)
Choose up to 1 treatment a month (have to be diff. treatments, can’t double on botox)
LHR 1 large area (lower leg, upper leg, full face or Brazilian)
PRP Injections (either lips, eyebrows, eyes, jawline or laugh line)
Exilis One Area (fat melting)
Plexr Shower Facial
Microneedling w Hyaluronic Acid
YAG Skin Resurfacing or CO2 Hand Resurfacing
Classic Myers IV
Choose one treatment per month