CHEMICAL FACE PEEL IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Setiba Medical Spa offers Chemical Face Peel in Westlake Village, CA great for both men and women.
A Chemical Peel is a deep exfoliation that combines lactic acid, glycolic acid, and Arginine, to promote hydration of the skin while fighting the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and congested skin.needle-free and safe alternative to Botox or Dysport.
GLYCOLIC ACID TREATMENT IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Setiba Medical Spa offers Glycolic Acid treatment in Westlake Village, CA great for both men and women.
Peeling formulated to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, photo-aging, dull skin, and skin imperfections. It provides deep exfoliation to even out the complexion and makes skin radiant. Similar to VI Peel Westlake Village it provides the same after effects.
COSMELAN PEEL IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Cosmelan® is a depigmenting method that removes spots fully and prevents their reappearance for a short-term outcome, while being able to maintain hyperpigmentations under control for a long lasting outcome.Learn More
- The peeling may take anywhere from 7-10 days on average or longer depending on internal and external factors such as skin type, age, weather, lifestyle, and hormones. Slight redness and skin sensitivity and flaking can occur as your treatment eliminates dead surface skin cells. Each treatment may vary. Other areas of the body will react differently because your skin has a different texture on your face and scalp than on your chest, back, arms, and legs. The healing process may take longer in those areas.
- Your skin may take on a rough, patchy, darkened quality a few days after this treatment. This is normal and expected and it will resolve on its own. The first areas to peel are usually around the nose and mouth, but can begin anywhere. Most people begin peeling on the 3rd or 4th day after treatment. It is also possible to not peel at all. If this occurs, you will still benefit from the treatment because the skin has exfoliated microscopically.
- Possible side effects include but are not limited to: mild to extreme redness, temporary tightness, itching, swelling, and dryness of the skin similar to a sunburn or windburn. This will usually subside in 2-3 days. A prescription of hydrocortisone, or over-the-counter hydrocortisone (Vanicream HCⓇ) may be recommended if the skin is inflamed or irritated.
- You may GENTLY apply a cold compress to the treated area(s) as needed for any burning or irritation associated with your treatment.
- Make sure to avoid excessive heat on the treated area and direct sun exposure of any kind, as well as tanning beds and self-tanners to the treated areas for 4 weeks after treatment.
- Do NOT engage in strenuous exercise for 2-3 days after treatment because it may exacerbate the inflammatory and can cause your skin to become extremely inflamed.
- Sweating excessively after treatment can irritate the skin or cause blistering due to the sweat being unable to escape through the top layer of dead skin. Try to avoid sweating until after you have stopped peeling to avoid lifting the skin prematurely, as this can cause scarring.
- Do NOT use any acidic products such as retinoids or tretinoins, acne medication products such as Retin-A , Tazorac , Renova , Atralin ,
Ziana , Veltin , Differin , the antibiotic Doxycycline, AHAs (lactic, glycolic, tartaric, etc.), BHAs (salicylic), benzoyl peroxide, vitamin C products, lightening agents such as hydroquinone or any exfoliative products including loofahs or coarse sponges to your skin for 2 weeks after your chemical peel, or more if you notice your skin becomes sensitive to application. These medications and products increase your photosensitivity, which can significantly increase the likelihood of complications.
- Do NOT tweeze, pick, rub, exfoliate, wax, use a depilatory, undergo electrolysis, or schedule a facial or cosmetic service such as laser resurfacing, or IPL on a treated area(s) for 4 weeks after your treatment. To reduce the risk of scarring, you do not want to remove the dry, rough, dead skin faster than your body wants to.
- Do NOT get your hair dyed until a week after you have finished peeling, if your treatment was performed on the face or neck. For most people, week 3 post-peel is the best time to have your hair color treated.
- This procedure can stimulate cold sores. If you have an outbreak after your treatment, please call the office to inquire about obtaining a prescription. Please ask to speak with the esthetician, Alli.
How to Care for your Skin Post-Peel
- Cleanse Gently: Your skin may be fragile for 5-7 days. Cleanse your skin with COOL water (hot water will cause inflammation to the skin) using only your fingertips – no washcloths, loofahs, buff puffs, sponges, Clarisonic , etc.
- Moisturize Often: Letting the skin dry out may cause discomfort. We recommend using moisturizer to help your skin recover. When you start to peel, use a non-comedogenic moisturizer until the skin feels back to normal. This will promote the healing process by locking in moisture and reducing the chance of a bacterial infection, redness, and irritation. Use those products several times per day or as needed. Topical hydrocortisone may be recommended, depending on your specific needs.
- Protect Your Skin: Heat and sun exposure can cause inflammation to the skin. Remember to avoid excessive heat on the treated area and direct sun exposure of any kind, as well as tanning bed sand self-tanners to the planned treatment areas for 4 weeks after treatment. If you need to be outdoors, make sure to use an umbrella or wear a large-brimmed hat, a pair of sunglasses, and use a physical sunblock (containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide). Other sunscreen products may be recommended depending on your specific needs.
What A Few of Our Clients Say
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated. We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
Came here for a treatment I have received at a plethora of other places and the best way to describe Setiba is professional.
Setiba a Very clean and Professional Spa and staff were warm and professional. I was greeted promptly and barely any wait time.
Setiba’s facilities are very neat and clean, and the staff and managing owners are always very well-dressed and professional.
Visit us at our office for a mean cup of Coffee and a free consulting hour.
MONDAY > FRIDAY: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
SATURDAY: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
VIP Club Membership
Enjoy the VIP Member’s Club benefits by signing up for one of our monthly members-only club packages! You deserve to take care of yourself. It’s worth looking and feeling good every day!
LHR 1 Small Area (chin, sideburns, naval line, areolas, lip or toes)
Microdermabrasion + Peel
Lipo-C Shot (helps cleanse the liver & speed up metabolism)
LED Light Therapy
IPL Broken Capillaries
Choose up to two treatments per month (have to be diff. treatments, can’t double on botox)
LHR 1 Medium Area (bikini, buttocks, lower arm, neck, upper arm, chest, upper back, lower back or underarms)
Customized GM Collin or Casmara Facial
IPL (1 area)
Microneedling w Hyaluronic Acid
Plasma Pen Small Area (upper lip, 11 line, laugh line, lower or upper eyes)
Choose up to 1 treatment a month (have to be diff. treatments, can’t double on botox)
LHR 1 large area (lower leg, upper leg, full face or Brazilian)
PRP Injections (either lips, eyebrows, eyes, jawline or laugh line)
Exilis One Area (fat melting)
Plexr Shower Facial
Microneedling w Hyaluronic Acid
YAG Skin Resurfacing or CO2 Hand Resurfacing
Classic Myers IV
Choose one treatment per month