What Type Of Threads?
HDPDO technique employs versatile length and types of threads to treat a variety of indications.
Threading After Care
Post Procedures Instructions
The facial skin is a delicate area and must be handled with care, preferably always but more importantly after any procedure, especially during the initial healing phase (2-3 days). It may take a few treatments before you notice improvement of your condition.
The risks and side effects of this treatment are minimal if any, but not limited to irritation, discomfort, swelling, bruising, and redness.
It is very important to follow the post-op care guidelines below:
- Apply the home care system recommended by your Physician/ Esthetician.
- Apply cold compresses or ice to reduce swelling.
- Do not tan. Use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Avoid swimming, Sunbaths, Steam or Sauna.
- Avoid facial, face massage, endermology, microdermabrasion for 1 month.
- Do not touch, scratch, or constantly rub your skin.
- Do not overstretch skin in treatment area by taking large bites (e.g. apples, crusty french breads, etc).
- Avoid exercise for 7 days, and alcohol for 3 days after treatment.
- Call the office at 805-703-0000 if you have any questions or concerns.
PDO threads are absorbable synthetic polymer that is highly versatile. The PDO thread will biodegrade over a period of 4 to 6 months. The PDO thread will create micro injures to the skin causing it to have a positive result on the dermal layers, for example, increase blood flow. Results from this treatment may take up to 3 weeks or longer for the treatment effect to be noticeable.
After Your PDO Thread Placement: To achieve the best possible result from your treatment, follow these instructions carefully. If you have any question or problems that are not addressed here, call our office, and we’ll be happy to help.
- Bruising, and swelling normal can use over counter arnica topical • Post procedure discomfort medication to use: Tylenol – helpful for post procedure for 7 to 10 days
- Most discomfort occurs in the first 24 to 48 hours. Place ice on very gently just in case of bruising.
- Stinging, “pulling”, itchy sensation will decrease at about 3 to 5 weeks
What you need to Avoid:
- Avoid heavy exercises for 1 week, this causes extreme facial movements
- Do not touch or wash your face for 30 minutes
- Do not pull down on face for 4 weeks
- Eat soft foods, no large bites for 7 days
- Sleep on back for 3-4 days
- Do not chew gum for 2 weeks
- No facial massages for 4 weeks
- Limiting facial movements will help lifting threads to stay in place, so no dental work unless strictly necessary
- Avoid heat in treatment area like saunas, IPL lasers or radio frequency treatment for 30 days
- Avoid medication that affect the blood clotting effects like fish oils, vitamin’s C, A & E for 7 days
If you experience increased redness, swelling, pain at injection or thread coming out in area, please notify the office. Lifting treads do require more things to avoid than just smooth and twisted.
THE Results SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these HD PDO Results for before & after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of compliments.
What A Few Our Clients Say
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated. We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
Came here for a treatment I have received at a plethora of other places and the best way to describe Setiba is professional.
Setiba a Very clean and Professional Spa and staff were warm and professional. I was greeted promptly and barely any wait time.
Setiba’s facilities are very neat and clean, and the staff and managing owners are always very well-dressed and professional.
Visit us at our office for a mean cup of Coffee and a free consulting hour.
MONDAY > FRIDAY: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
SATURDAY: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm