Eye Lid Uplift
Eye Lid Uplift IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Setiba Medical Spa offers Eye Lid Uplift Westlake Village, CA great for both men and women.
While it may sound like science fiction, the FDA-approved eye lifting drop is real: UPNEEQ® is a prescription eye drop that temporarily improves droopy eyelids, or ptosis, with a single daily dose. While you won’t get the more dramatic results you can expect from eyelid lift surgery, patients see an average of about 1 mm of lift in their upper eyelid after the first use—just enough to make a noticeable difference.
For cosmetic surgeons, this first-of-its-kind non-surgical treatment for eyelid ptosis creates an option that many patients will benefit from, including those not ready for eyelid surgery or who are suffering from low-lying eyelids due to BOTOX® injections. Below, we answer your top questions about Upneeq.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Upneeq (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1% is an eye drop that should be inserted once a day, one drop per eye. (Each single-use vial of Upneeq contains enough solution to treat one or both eyes at a time.) Upneeq contains oxymetazoline, an alpha adrenergic agonist that triggers the levator palpebrae muscle (Muller’s or Mueller’s muscle), causing the muscle to contract and raise the upper eyelid.
Each dose (one drop daily) of Upneeq was shown to be effective for at least 6 hours in clinical studies.
Yes, Upneeq is FDA-approved to be both safe and effective for the treatment of acquired eyelid ptosis in adults. To gain FDA approval, Upneeq showed effectiveness in two 6-week trials that followed 304 patients with acquired blepharoptosis. A third study was also conducted to establish that the eye drop is safe.
The main ingredient in Upneeq, oxymetazoline hydrochloride, is the same primary ingredient in decongestant nasal spray, such as Afrin®. In nasal spray, the ingredient works by stimulating the blood vessels to contract, while in Upneeq, this ingredient works to stimulate eyelid muscle contraction.
In clinical trials, a range of side effects were observed in 1-5% of patients and included eye inflammation or irritation, redness, dry eye, blurred vision, headache, redness in the lining inside and at the front of the eye (conjunctival hyperemia), and inflammation of the cornea (punctate keratitis). Eye pain is also possible around the time that Upneeq drops are used.
Upneeq should only be used as prescribed: one dose, once daily. Work with your doctor to decide how long it is appropriate for you to use Upneeq, and follow their recommendations.
How Do I Apply Upneeq?
Apply Upneeq to your affected eye(s) in 2 easy steps
Step 1: Cut open foil wrapper and remove single-use vial
Step 2: Apply one drop of Upneeq in each affected eye as directed, once a day
- Do not let the tip of the vial touch your eye or any other surface
- Vials should not be re-used after opening and should be thrown away after applying drop(s)
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before applying Upneeq eyedrops, You may put them back in 15 minutes after applying Upneeq
- If more than one topical ophthalmic drug is being used, the drugs should be administered at least 15 minutes between applications
Upneeq should only be used as directed
- Upneeq is designed to only be applied as an eyedrop
- Each vial contains enough Upneeq solution to allow for one drop in each affected eye
- The solution should never be swallowed or ingested in any other way
- Storage requirements: Upneeq should be stored at 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C) and should be protected from excessive heat
- Keep out of reach of children
- For complete instructions on using Upneeq, please see the Instructions for Use section in the full Prescribing Information
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before & after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.