MICRODERMABRASION FOR ACNE IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Microdermabrasion is like a gentle “sandblasting” for the skin. The treatment involves directing tiny crystals of aluminum dioxide toward the top layer of the skin. This measure removes old cells, which allows new, healthy cells to shine through.
It can also improve and balance skin discoloration and can give the skin a smoother surface. As we have already mentioned above, it can erase old scars including frustrating acne scars. It can also reduce the appearance of large pores and wrinkles. Or simply exfoliate the skin to give it a youthful and refreshing look and feel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No, microdermabrasion is a painless procedure and it doesn’t even require any anesthetic. Not only that, the instrument used for the procedure can also be adjusted according to the patient’s needs and comfort.
A typical microdermabrasion face treatment takes between 20 and 30 minutes. However, if you want your neck or other parts of the body treated, it may last up to an hour.
Your skin care specialist will give you a rough idea of the number of microdermabrasion treatments needed for best results. Major changes are obvious after the fifth session, even though most patients say they observed improvements after the first two. Generally 6 to 8 microdermabrasion treatments, scheduled around two to three weeks apart are recommended so the skin has time to recover between sessions. After the recommended number of sessions, you may have to schedule another abrasion once every two or three months, to maintain the effects.
You will not have downtime or a recovery period. Some patients’ skin turns pink or red. The skin can swell a bit. These side effects are similar to having a sunburn or windburn for a day or two. During this time, some patients feel uncomfortable returning to work or being in public.
The results tend to be temporary. Patients who protect their skin from the sun and follow the recommended skin-care plan will maintain their results for a longer time. Yet, no matter what we do, our skin continues to age. Follow-up treatments are usually necessary to help retain smoother skin and a more radiant complexion.
After microdermabrasion, your treated skin may be pink or red and slightly swollen. This tends to disappear within a day.
In some cases, the skin can bruise, burn, sting, or become extremely sensitive to sunlight. These will go away without treatment.
If your skin tends to develop dark spots after acne clears or a skin injury heals, you may have a greater risk of developing more dark spots. When microdermabrasion is performed by a dermatologist, this risk is minor.
With the microdermabrasion you received in your facial, there are some important things to expect and a few do’s and dont’s to keep your skin happy over the next few days.
Things To Expect
Rosy skin afterwards is perfectly normal. Your treatment gave your skin healthy stimulation and any flushness or light ‘heat’ should calm by the next day.
Pore detoxing can happen.
Your treatment helped purge debris that’s been trapped below a buildup of dead skin cells. Any small breakouts you may experience shouldn’t linger (and you may see few to none at all!).
Slightly drier skin and minor flaking can occur.
A calming moisturizer is your single most important tool for the next few days. Be consistent and be generous—it will help your skin recover quickly and will help keep any small breakouts at bay.
Things To Do & Not Do
- Keep your skincare routine basic for the next few days. Focus on products and ingredients that hydrate and soothe. Don’t use anything exfoliating or aggressive.
- Avoid active ingredients like prescription topicals, AHAs/BHAs, Benzoyl Peroxide, Vitamin C, Retinol, and others for a few days. Your microdermabrasion was a professional-strength exfoliation, so you want to avoid these ingredients that have exfoliating properties. If in doubt, put it aside for a few days.
- Use sunscreen generously and avoid as much direct sun exposure as possible.
- Protecting those fresh, new skin cells from the sun’s rays is an absolute must.
- Avoid treatments like laser, waxing, shaving, or dermaplaning. Avoid any treatments that manipulate or process the skin for at least three days. Doing any of these too soon after microdermabrasion can create major irritation.
- Skip sweaty workouts on the same day of your microderm.
- Your sweat will likely cause stinging and irritation. Avoid runs in the heat, cycling, hot yoga, and the like. Also skip saunas and steam rooms for the same reason.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.