YAG Laser Treatment
ERBIUM LASER TREATMENT IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
The Erbium YAG Laser has been introduced as the next step in laser resurfacing and offers the benefits of less pain during treatment and recovery along with significantly faster healing times than any other resurfacing laser. We use the Erbium Yag Laser at Setiba Medical Spa to remove and decrease wrinkles and improve the overall color and skin texture of the face, neck, and hands. Although treatments Results will vary depending on various considerations, with few exceptions, you can expect an improvement in the texture and quality of your skin. Patients can receive this laser treatment at our Westlake Village location. Candidates for Treatment: Fine wrinkles, Color irregularities, Sun damage, Acne scarring, Sun and age spots, Stretch marks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At Setiba Medical Spa we offer YagLaser treatment designed to help restore, enhance and refresh your skin, for an elegant you.
The high-powered Er:YAG laser produces energy in a wavelength that gently penetrates the skin, is absorbed by water (a major component of tissue cells), and scatters the heat effects of the laser light. These unique properties allow physicians to remove thin layers of skin tissue with great precision while minimizing damage to surrounding skin.
The Er:YAG laser is commonly used for skin resurfacing in patients who have superficial to moderate facial wrinkles, mild surface scars, or skin discoloration. The gentle touch of the Er:YAG laser means it is uniquely effective in rejuvenating sun-damaged skin in areas such as the delicate skin around the eyes and mouth, where other lasers may cause scarring. Other body areas, such as the neck and hands, also may be considered for treatment with the Er:YAG laser. Skin rejuvenation with the Er:YAG laser may offer the advantages of reduced redness, decreased side effects, and rapid healing (about 5-7 days).
The exact time depends on the area that is being treated; However, typically it takes two hours or less to complete. This timeframe includes an additional 30 minutes for topical numbing to be applied prior to treatment.
The YAG laser is the most invasive laser treatment that we have. The YAG does cause some discomfort, but we ensure that our patients are comfortable throughout the whole procedure. The sensation that is often felt is similar to a “pins and needles” sensation.
After your skin heals, which may take up to 3 weeks, patients will experience a period of their skin appearing slightly pink. During this time, you will see improvements of skin texture and tone. Full results can be seen 3-6 months after the initial treatment, once the skin has completely healed.
The YAG can be treated on specialized areas, such as the eyes and around the mouth; However, the most popular areas to treat with the IPL laser are the full face and neck.
Yes, there is downtime associated with a YAG laser treatment. Plan for 7-10 days for healing before you can go out in public. Your skin will scab and peel 2-7 days after treatment, and will be pink for 3-4 weeks. The exact healing time varies between person to person.
Like any medical procedure, there are risks associated with a co2 laser treatment. During your consultation your provider will make an assessment to ensure that you are the right candidate for the co2 laser treatment. If you experience any worrisome side effects after and IPL treatment, please call the practice immediately.
Before the treatment:
- Discuss and disclose any healing disorders such as diabetes mellitus, connective tissue disease or radiation/chemotherapy.
- Discuss the history of any hypertrophic scarring or keloid formations or other skin diseases.
- Discuss and disclose if there is an active infection or history of herpes simplex of the lips, mouth or face. Erbium yag can activate cold sores. There is a preventive prescription that can be taken prior, please call us if you do not have those from your health provider.
- Discuss and disclose allergies to topical anesthetics.
- Erbium Yag cannot be performed if pregnant or breast feeding.
- Must be off Accutane for at least 12 months prior to treatment with Erbium Yag.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun, tanning beds at least 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Ensure you have a post laser balm such as Alastin Sooth and Protect Recovery Balm ($40). This can be purchased on your appointment day or online. If you cannot get this, please prepare a thick skin protectant such as Aquaphor on hand.
- Ensure you have clean beddings on the day of your erbium treatment.
Day of Erbium Yag Treatment
- Do not wear makeup. Face should be clean.
- You may take Tylenol an hour prior to your appointment.
- Client responses vary. Burning, heat, redness, swelling, itchiness and sunburned sensation may be experienced.
- Skin may also feel tight.
- A thick skin protectant such as Soothe and Protect recovery Balm or Aquaphor will be applied.
- An ice pack (not direct ice) may be applied to help soothe the areas of dicomfort.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Makeup may be applied over the treated area 24 hours after the treatment
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 48-hours after the procedure.
- Wash treated area with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water. Examples of a gentle cleanser include Neutrogena or Cetaphil. Reapply Soothe and Protect recovery Balm or Aquaphor. The goal is to keep the treated areas moist and prevent crusting. Do not use regular soap or normal facial wash until 10 days after your procedure.
- Shower as usual but be aware that the treated area may be a little temperature sensitive.
- Do not rub, scratch or pick at the treated area. Treat the area gently. Pat skin dry after bathing or showering. An antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin may be applied. Neosporin and Polysporin are not recommended.
- Avoid chlorine, hot tubs and swimming pools during the treatment program.
- Avoid exposure to the sun and tanning beds for 30 days prior to the treatment.
- Avoid the use of exfoliants, loofah sponges and aggressive scrubbing to the treated areas.
- You may resume your regular skincare regimen after day 10.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.