VI PEEL WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
A VI Peel is a chemical peel that can target a number of skin issues, including signs of aging, sun spots and hyperpigmentation, acne, and acne scarring. A chemical peel is a painless, nonsurgical procedure that uses specially formulated chemicals to remove the surface layers of skin and reveal fresher, brighter, and more youthful skin.
The VI Peel is the latest in chemical skin peels and is already extremely popular thanks to its high-impact, minimal downtime approach. The VI Peel is a synergistic blend of powerful acids, retinol, vitamins and minerals that goes beyond a general resurfacing peel to treat specific conditions. This treatment works on a cellular level, encouraging the body to build up collagen, removing damaged skin, and refining the top layer of skin to give you a smoother, radiant, more youthful appearance. It is one of the few peels available which is suitable for all skin types and ethnicities.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Depending on your skin concerns, Dr. Singh will recommend a VI Peel formula for you. Some of the benefits of VI Peels include:
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Evening skin tone
- Smoothing skin texture
- Reducing hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Brightening skin
- Reducing inflammation and redness
- Killing acne-causing bacteria
VI Peels are safe for all skin types and skin colors, but they should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
You may notice some mild skin redness after your peel. Over the next week, the outer layers of your skin will begin to flake and peel off naturally. After one week, you should see fresh, bright, smooth skin revealed.
Depending on the condition of your skin, We may recommend additional VI Peels over the next year in order to achieve the best results.
If you want a pain-free, nonsurgical solution to your skin issues, a VI Peel may be right for you. Book an appointment online or over the phone today to learn more.
Like everything else in life, human skin needs maintenance. The Vi Peel’s wonderful results will last as long as skin care is maintained, sun exposure is moderate and preventive aging with the Vi Peel is performed three or four times per year.
Not really. Patients will feel a slight stinging sensation for a few seconds which subsides completely almost immediately. The peel is applied topically, numbing of the skin takes place after the first pass. Some patients may feel more comfortable using a fan or cold air breeze.
The peel may be repeated as often as every two weeks, if necessary, for damaged skin. Our recommendation for average skin would be once every three months to prevent damage and the underlying ageing of the skin. The physician will evaluate the patient’s damage, goals and expectations and make an appropriate recommendation for ongoing skin care. We preach the “dentilization” of skin care for optimum results.
It’s as easy as 3-4-7. With a single 3-4 minute application, 100% guaranteed results are dramatic in just seven days!
The skin will be more sensitive during the peeling process itself. You may experience up to four days of sensitivity until PH of the skin is replenished.
Sun exposure should be limited and VI Derm SPF 30 with CLA should be used liberally. However, the Vi Peel was created to be practical. The only days where exposure to the sun should be seriously avoided are days three and four, when the skin is peeling, to avoid uneven exposure. After that, you can enjoy moderate sun exposure, continuing regular skin care maintenance and daily sun protection.
- Leave the peel on for at least 4 hours or longer, unless irritation occurs. Do not apply anything on top of the skin for 4 hours including sunscreen. You may cleanse after this time with a mild cleanser and water. Dry thoroughly. Use the first post-peel towelette. The towelettes should be swiped over the entire peeled surface of the skin, including eyelids but avoiding contact with the eyes.
- One hour before bedtime, wash the face with a mild cleanser and water. Dry thoroughly. Use the second post peel towelettes provided.
- The post-peel towelettes are crucial; they must be rubbed into the skin overall peeled areas. Rub your problem areas more vigorously.
- If significant discomfort is experienced when applying any product post-treatment, attempt using the product again later as the sensitivity usually improves with time. Cleanse the face with soap and water to stop the discomfort.
- Day 2: Cleanse the skin, apply the post-peel protectant (at least 2-4 times per day) apply a thin layer of pro heal serum over red spots and let it soak in. Continue until peeling and any redness and irritation persist.
- One hour before bedtime on day 2: Cleanse the skin. Dry thoroughly. Use the last VI Peel post-peel towelette in the same manner as previous applications.
- Day 3 and beyond: you should begin to peel. Continue the post-peel protectant until gone (2 weeks).
- After the peel, any areas of pigmentation may appear darker. This change in color will be most evident on the second day, however, it can happen immediately. This is normal; the darker skin will exfoliate during the peeling process.
- During the peeling phase, you must avoid sun exposure. The use of sunscreen is essential every single day. You may go out in the sun when exfoliation subsides, but your skin will be more sensitive to UV rays. You must also refrain from any heat sources that can trigger perspiration which creates the potential for blistering.
Blistering creates a very high potential for the development of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- During the week following the peel, you must use a gentle cleanser and SPF 50+ Sun Protection. You may use your own cleanser as long as it is not harsh or abrasive.
- Do not cleanse with a Clarisonic Brush until the peeling process is complete (usually 6-7 days).
- Refrain from forcing or peeling the skin as it can cause scarring. The skin will slough when washed morning and night.
- You may take Ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory.
- Typically peeling begins on the third day, starting in the peri-oral area, peeling outward. The forehead and neck will be the last areas to peel.
- A small amount of puffiness (edema) especially around the eye area is not uncommon following an active treatment such as a VI Peel.
- Days 3, 4, and 5 are the most aggressive days of peeling. By day 6 most exfoliation has subsided.
- Applying moisturizer during the peeling process will help camouflage the peeling and aid in the hydration of the new skin.
- Refrain from activities for 72-96 hours that can induce excessive perspiration which can lead to blistering or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.19. It is appropriate to resume your regular skincare regimen once exfoliation has subsided. To prolong and maintain the results of your treatment, the use of a good skincare system which we will recommend is highly encouraged. Without the proper use of daily care products, the results of the peel will diminish and hyperpigmentation may worsen. It is very important that dark-skinned clients incorporate a retinoid cream along with a pigment suppression product into their post-peel regimen.
- It is common to see less visibly peeling skin on peels performed soon after the most recent one
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.