LASER HAIR REMOVAL
LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Laser Hair Removal Treatment is a type of cosmetic procedure performed by plastic surgeons and board-certified aesthetic specialists in order to permanently reduce the amount of hair growing in a certain area of the body with just minimal risk as compared to other procedures. Because of this, it has become exceedingly popular through the years as a way of removing unwanted hair in the chin, arms, and underarms, not only for women but for men as well.
This procedure involves the use of specialized lasers that emit heat energy just enough to damage hair follicles in the problem area. Once these follicles get damaged, they will find it hard to produce hair in the future, and at times, they just stop producing hair altogether. The Results are permanent. You don’t have to come back to the clinic for maintenance and follow-up procedures. On average, a person can permanently lose their unwanted hair with just four sessions of laser hair removal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Before the treatment, the area to be treated will be cleansed. Some patients receive a numbing gel. Numbing the area to be treated helps when a small area will be treated and the skin is very sensitive. It takes about 30 to 60 minutes for a numbing gel to work.
The laser treatment will take place in a room set up specifically for laser treatments. Everyone in the room must wear protective eyewear during the procedure. To perform the procedure, the skin is held taut and the skin is treated with the laser. Many patients say that the laser pulses feel like warm pinpricks or a rubber band being snapped against the skin.
A laser removes hair by vaporizing it. This causes small plumes of smoke that have a sulfur-like smell.
How long your treatment lasts depends on the size of the area being treated. Treating the upper lip takes minutes. If you are having a large area like the back or legs treated, your treatment may last more than an hour.
No, laser hair removal generally does not require any real downtime. Immediately after having laser hair removal, your treated skin will be red and swollen. Despite this, most people return to their everyday activities.
You will likely see the results immediately after treatment. The results vary from patient to patient. The color and thickness of your hair, area treated, type of laser used, and color of your skin all affect the results. You can expect a 10% to 25% reduction in hair after the first treatment.
To remove the hair, most patients need 2 to 6 laser treatments. After finishing the treatments, most patients do not see any hair on the treated skin for several months or even years. When the hair regrows, there tends to be less of it. The hairs also tend to be finer and lighter in color.
Most patients remain hair free for months or even years. When some of the hair regrows, it will likely be less noticeable. To keep the area free of hair, a patient may need maintenance laser treatments.
Laser hair removal is like any other procedure. It is important to keep in mind that, while complications are rare, they can still occur. The most common complications include blisters, swelling, pigmentation changes, redness and scarring. Scabbing and bruising can also occur, but these symptoms generally disappear within a few days. Infection at the treatment site can occur, albeit very rarely, so it is important to keep the area clean after the procedure. Remember that pain, tingling and numbness around the treated area are the most common temporary side effects, and they are completely normal.
Women and men alike. Most women seek to remove hair from their underarms, bikini lines, and legs, while men are more interested in treating hair on their backs and necks.
When hair removal lasers were initially introduced, the procedure was originally intended for patients with light skin and dark hairs. However with newer technologies, safely and effectively treat patients of all skin types and hair colors.
Laser Hair Removal Pre & Post Care Instructions
Before Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated within 24 hours of your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. Please try to avoid natural tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, AHA/BHA, acne medication or any irritating or drying products for 3 days prior to each treatment or as advised by Dr. Tareen.
- Please notify Tareen Dermatology of any changes in topical or oral prescription medications, as they may have an effect on the ability to safely or effectively provide treatment.
- You may bring makeup or concealer to re-apply on facial areas or to cover redness post-treatment.
After Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. You may use aloe gel or cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal and will subside with cleansing.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 3 days or until any redness and sensitivity subsides.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ Jacuzzi for up to 24 hours after treatment to minimize irritation and prolonged redness.
- If a crusting or blistering develops apply Vaseline or ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed and contact our office if the area shows signs of worsening condition.
- Continue to use broad-spectrum SPF 30, or higher, for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment:
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to the next few weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle, and is not new growth. Once the hair has fully shed you may be hair free for a few days, up to a few weeks leading up to your next treatment.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment to minimize discomfort. If they areas is not cleanly shaved, we may not be able to treat.
- Your session typically is scheduled in 4 weeks for facial areas, 6 to 8 weeks for other areas of the body.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or sugaring is to be avoided between sessions. Shaving or trimming of hair may be resumed normally during the duration of treatment.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.