XEOMIN IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
Xeomin is a newer purer form of Botox favoured by celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow who use it to soften signs of ageing. As it is a purified neurotoxin it is safe to use for everyone, including those that suffer from food allergies or sensibilities. Premature aging and wrinkling of the skin may be accelerated by excessive exposure to the sun and other elements, overactive facial expression muscles, the frequent use of tobacco products, poor nutrition, or skin disorders.
Xeomin is an FDA-approved and clinically proven treatment for smoothing frown lines. It’s made through a unique precision manufacturing process that isolates the therapeutic component of the molecule and removes the complexing proteins that don’t play an active role in treatment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When you squint or frown, the muscles between your eyebrows contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold. Over time, as your skin ages and loses some of its elasticity, these repeated contractions can cause persistent frown lines. Botulinum toxin type A – the active ingredient in Xeomin®– acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. By reducing these contractions, Xeomin® can temporarily reduce the lines between your eyebrows.
If you are an adult with moderate to severe glabellar lines, Xeomin® may be right for you. Talk to your doctor to discuss the benefits and risks of treatment. Do not use Xeomin® if you are allergic to botulinum toxin or any of the other ingredients in Xeomin®. You should also not use Xeomin® if you have had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
During treatment, which usually takes about 10-20 minutes, your doctor will inject Xeomin® into the muscles in your forehead that cause frown lines between your eyebrows. No anesthesia is required; however, your physician may use a topical anesthetic or cold pack to reduce any discomfort.
You may begin to see visible smoothing as early as 3-4 days after injection. The median first onset of effect was less than a week. The maximum effect occurred at 30 days. The typical duration of effect was up to 3 months in clinical trials but may last significantly longer or shorter in individual patients.
XEOMIN® can cause serious side effects that can be life threatening including
Headache was the most common side effect of XEOMIN® for treatment of glabellar lines. Other possible side effects include:
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- muscle weakness
- eye problems, including: double vision, blurred vision, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes. Reduced blinking can also occur. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have eye pain or irritation following treatment.
XEOMIN® may cause other serious side effects including allergic reactions. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to XEOMIN® may include: itching, rash, redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you get wheezing or asthma symptoms, or if you get dizzy or faint.
- 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: AVOID topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids,
- Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching,
tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications
such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use XEOMIN® if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Day of Treatment
- Arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup
to apply after your treatment.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
- You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days. You may have bruises in the areas treated.
XEOMIN® POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Immediately After Treatment
- It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning,
raising your eyebrows, and squinting). This helps to work XEOMIN® into your muscles.
- Stay in a vertical position for four hours following injection. DO NOT “rest your head” or lie down; sit
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce
swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the
injection site(s) has subsided, you may begin wearing makeup.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your
face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.