LINES AROUND THE MOUTH FILLER IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
At Setiba Medical Spa we offer Radiesse injection treatment, an FDA approved wrinkle filler that can plump up the skin again giving it that youthful appearance and feel, and remedy sagging skin by replacing the volume that it has lost in aging
Radiesse is a dermal filler that is used for smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth). Radiesse injections are also used for correcting volume loss in the back of the hands. It stimulates your body’s natural collagen, filling in wrinkles long term and helping your skin develop new collagen in the process.
The Radiesse filler can dramatically transform your face as it can also be used in cheek enhancement, chin reshaping, lip augmentation, and hand rejuvenation. What is even more impressive about Radiesse injection is the fact that the treatment is not for cosmetic purposes only. It can also be used to treat those who suffer from vocal chord insufficiency and those with mouth or jaw defects.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
As we have already shared above, Radiesse is an FDA approved wrinkle filler. It is non-invasive and non-surgical. Its main component is calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a gel carrier. The calcium in these microspheres is the same kind of calcium produced by our body, found in our bones. Hence, the filler is biocompatible, which means that it can be safely absorbed by our body over time. The Radiesse injection is also not animal-based, which makes allergic reactions very rare.
A thorough consultation is needed to be done before the treatment. We value our patients here at Setiba Medical Spa and we want to provide them with accurate Results every single time. The secret is behind our consultation where we determine the exact needs and aesthetic goals of the patient so that we can devise a treatment plan making sure that we get the best outcome with the least downtime possible. During this time, we will also be able to answer any concerns or questions from the patient regarding the procedure like post-treatment care or possible side effects. After the consultation, our certified injection specialist will mark the areas of injection on the patient’s skin. Radiesse with lidocaine (a form of anesthetic) is already available so a topical anesthetic is usually not required anymore, but may be provided if necessary. Then the treatment begins as our certified injection specialist injects the precise amount of Radiesse filler needed under the skin’s dermal layer. The entire treatment can be finished under an hour and requires no downtime, which means that the patient can resume his or her normal daily activities right after the treatment. The Results will already be visible immediately after the treatment, and as time progresses, Radiesse will also stimulate the skin’s natural production of collagen Resultsing in prolonged Results or smooth and tighter youthful skin.
Radiesse injections can be used for a variety of treatments like Nasolabial fold or as a nose fillers. It can be used to fill in marionette lines and smile lines as well.
Immediately upon injection, Radiesse helps smooth out lines and wrinkles.
The natural-looking results last a year or more in many patients.
Common side effects of Radiesse include bruising, redness, swelling, pain, itching at the site of injection.
• Do NOT use aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Gingko Giloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks
if okay with your primary physician. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
• You may have some bruising and/or swelling after the procedure. Over the counter Arnica supplements (available at The Derm Institute, most supplement stores, Whole Foods, etc) have been shown to decrease bruising if you want to take them starting 3-5 days before your treatment.|
• The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
• DO inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, and any other medical problems.
• After the treatment, DO hold ice packs on the areas that are treated with filler gently for a few times that day.
• Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
• DO NOT get a facial or massage for 1-2 weeks after your filler procedure.
• Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible.
• DO massage treated areas ONLY if instructed by your provider.
• If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements or apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
• Bruising can be covered with makeup. Examples: Dermablend (available at CVS or Macy’s) or Colorescience Corrector Palette. Schedule your next session as recommended by your physician. In about 1 week you should be looking your best! We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or
unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these botox before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.