RESTYLANE IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
This treatment can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). There are a variety of ways it can be used such as Restylane for under eyes or Restylane for lips. Restylane injections may also be used for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. Restylane silk is a widely known and commonly used Restylane filler.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Restylane is a full product line of soft and firm injectable gels made of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in the body that attracts and binds water molecules to add volume. Restylane fillers are formulated with two technologies – NASHATM and Optimal Balance TechnologyTM – creating a broad range of gel textures. This allows your healthcare professional to tailor treatment to your unique facial tissue, for a natural look customized to you. Results are immediate, adding volume to smooth out wrinkles and enhance facial balance for a more youthful, revitalized look.
Restylane restores volume to smooth wrinkles and soften facial lines. Restylane can also be used to enhance facial features such as your lips, cheeks, and jawline by adding volume for fullness and definition.
Depending on your volume needs, most Restylane treatment appointments last less than an hour and begin to work almost immediately by adding volume to smooth away wrinkles. A clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid, Restylane products act like your body's own hyaluronic acid (and eventually break down naturally). Each Restylane product is designed for a specific purpose.
Some people may experience the treatment as a mild discomfort. Many Restylane products contain an integrated local anaesthetic, lidocaine, to provide you with a more comfortable treatment experience. You and your healthcare professional may decide whether additional pain relief is needed.
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site and impaired hand function. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14-18 days in lips. Patients should be limited to 6.0 mL per treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. For treatment of volume deficit in the hands, patients should be limited to 3.0 mL per hand per treatment. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
• Do NOT use aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Gingko Giloba, fish oil, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, or other anti-inflammatory medications for 1-2 weeks if okay with your primary physician. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
• You may have some bruising and/or swelling after the procedure. Over the counter Arnica supplements (available at The Derm Institute, most supplement stores, Whole Foods, etc) have been shown to decrease bruising if you want to take them starting 3-5 days before your treatment.
• The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
• DO inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, and any other medical problems.
• After the treatment, DO hold ice packs on the areas that are treated with filler gently for a few times that day.
• Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
• DO NOT get a facial or massage for 1-2 weeks after your filler procedure.
• Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible.
• DO massage treated areas ONLY if instructed by your provider.
• If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements or apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
• Bruising can be covered with makeup. Examples: Dermablend (available at CVS or Macy’s) or Colorescience Corrector Palette. Schedule your next session as recommended by your physician. In about 1 week you should be looking your best! We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.