IPL LASER TREATMENT IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
IPL Treatment or Intense Pulsed Light Laser Treatment is a procedure that involves a super bright flashing beam of energy applied to the area of skin that needs treatment. It targets pigmented and vascular regions of the skin and breaks out hyper-pigmentation. This removes any skin discoloration like dark spots and freckles, moles, birthmarks, broken capillaries and more to help the patient get that smooth clear skin.
On average, three treatment sessions may already be enough to get the best Results, but depending on severity, some patients may need up to six sessions in order to get that clear skin Results. After the treatment, the area may turn a bit darker in color and may turn into a scabbing. This is absolutely normal. Once the scabbing flakes off, your new and clear skin will be revealed underneath.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a non-laser therapy that involves shining highly concentrated and intense beams of light intermittently on the surface of the skin. Photo refers to the beam of light, and facial refers to the face and/or neck region. The pulses of light target pigment and vascular irregularities, smoothing out the skin’s tone and texture.
IPL therapy helps to reduce the effects of aging, leaving clients with younger, clearer, and healthier-looking skin. It is not to be confused with laser therapy. Whereas laser therapy uses one particular wavelength of light, IPL therapy produces a spectrum of light.
- Do not use hydroquinone (3 days prior to appointment )
- Do not use retinol (3 days prior to appointment)
- Do not use chemical peels (at least 2 weeks prior to appointment)
- Do not do self tanners and no tanning (at least 3 weeks prior to appointment)
Yes, it is. When performed correctly by a certified, experienced technician, IPL therapy is both safe and effective.
As a professional skin-care clinic, we will not perform any procedures without first assessing: your complete medical history; your current health condition; and any potential you may have for complications. Additionally, we provide all clients with protective eyewear that must be worn during treatment.
Most clients liken IPL to the gentle snap of an elastic band against the skin. Others experience it as a very short pinprick. While no anesthetic is required, we do cool the skin, which helps to minimize any discomfort.
By definition, IPL therapy involves short, intense pulses of light being delivered to the skin. As a result, you may experience small raised bumps and redness in the treatment area shortly after your treatment. This will subside in a few days and is no cause for alarm.
A typical treatment can last anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. Because there is little or no downtime, you can have an IPL during your lunch break.
The ideal number of treatments will depend upon your skin and the issues you wish to address. We usually book a series of five treatments for you to achieve optimum results.
With just one or two IPL treatments, you will start to notice dynamic transformation in your skin. Redness is minimized, pores take on a more conventional appearance, fine lines and wrinkles are reduced, and scars and sun damage begins to fade. The complexion looks revitalized and renewed, which is reflected in your rejuvenated spirit and increased self-confidence.
INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL) TREATMENT:
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
• It is imperative that you avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This is a must and no exceptions will be made.
• Avoid applying self-tanner for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
• Avoid aspirin and Ibuprofen for one week prior to your treatment. Inform the doctor if you are taking blood thinners or regularly take aspirin or ibuprofen.
• Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to treatment.
• Inform the doctor if have taken Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year.
• Store ice packs in your freezer for use after your procedure.
THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
• If possible, arrive without creams or make-up on the treatment area. Otherwise please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment in order to clean the skin. Cleansing products are available for your convenience.
• Allow 45-90 minutes for your appointment depending on the size of the treatment area.
• Pre-treatment photos will be taken.
• Just prior to treatment, you will be given eye shields to wear to protect your eyes.
INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL) TREATMENT: WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
• Expect your skin to appear pink (resembling mild sunburn) for a few hours after treatment.
• You will be given a cool compress to apply after treatment.
• Make-up may be applied to cover redness as needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Your skin may be temperature sensitive for several days after treatment.
• Brown spots and freckles will appear darker while healing.
• It will take 4-6 weeks to see the full result and 2-3 treatments may be required to achieve an optimum result.
• The sessions are designed to provide no downtime however, occasionally you may find that your cheeks and under eye areas are slightly puffy after treatment. You may use cold compresses (5 minutes on and 10 minutes off) several times an hour to help ease both redness and swelling.
• Sleeping with your head elevated for the first night will also help decrease any swelling you may experience.
• Blistering and crusting are rare; however, if these do occur a thin layer of over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin® can be applied 2-3 times a day for 3 days. Please call us if you experience either of these uncommon reactions.
• Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin colour) can occur in some skin types. Please call us if you experience this uncommon reaction.
• Use mild cleansers and moisturizers.
• Avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, alcohol, heavy exertion and activities which may cause flushing for 2 days after treatment
• Avoid harsh topical products such as retinols and glycolic acid products for one week after.
• Avoid direct sunlight on the treated area and use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater for 4 -6 weeks after your treatment.
• Anticipate some social down-time following your treatment. MAXIMIZING
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
Just check out these before and after images. By enhancing your already beautiful features, we empower you to be your best self and promise a side serving of complements.
WHAT A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS SAY
Setiba Medical Spa is the new safe haven to help you in keeping your skin nourished and rejuvenated.
We are driven to deliver nothing but the best and safest treatments for our customer’s satisfaction.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Setiba Medical Spa is the number one medical spa provider in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks and Beverly Hills California. Free Consultation 805-703-0000. Follow us on Instagram and see for yourself some of the experiences and transformations.